Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Yamaha G 100-115 input wiring

Started by Scoticus, July 01, 2012, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoticus

Hello to all
I need to install new input Jacks in my Yamaha G100-115 series I, (stripped threads on the jack making for bad connections.)
I have downloaded a couple of different schematics but am not fully understanding them
I think someone else has been in here before me and it doesn't seem to go with the schematic.
From the schematic it Looks like the NC connection on the low input just goes to ground but the NC on the High input just runs into the Tip of the low input connector?
Could someone point me in a direction,
Thanks,

OK update...
with photos

Looks like the High and Low jacks TIP gets grounded through the NC connection which is wired through the "High" jack ground connector. The "low" Jack has a wire, attached to its NC connector (see photos) that was covered by a bit of shrink tube, This was broken when I opened the chassis but it makes sense to me that it just connected to the NC of the High jack to ground the Tip of the "Low" Jack.
The High tip goes to I1 and the Low tip goes to I2 and the grounds just tie together on the board
I don't know if you can see it on the photos but it looks as though the wires have been re-soldered to the board
so...
is this the correct configuration?
The Left most jack is the one I replaced to begin with. It doesn't allow the plug to fully engage so I purchased another jack also pictured. will this be adequate for this application?
The original Jack is pictured out of circuit for reference

thanks,

joecool85

Quote from: Scoticus on July 01, 2012, 07:37:37 PM
Hello to all
I need to install new input Jacks in my Yamaha G100-115 series I, (stripped threads on the jack making for bad connections.)
I have downloaded a couple of different schematics but am not fully understanding them
I think someone else has been in here before me and it doesn't seem to go with the schematic.
From the schematic it Looks like the NC connection on the low input just goes to ground but the NC on the High input just runs into the Tip of the low input connector?
Could someone point me in a direction,
Thanks,

Could you take some pictures of the way it is right now?  That could help us out a lot.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Scoticus

Ok, getting used the way this works. I appended my response to my original question.
My Bad, as Buffy would say...

Scoticus

OK,
I wired the inputs as described in my "updated" section of my first post on this.
It works find so I will call it a win.

Is anybody seeing this?

J M Fahey

Quote from: Scoticus on July 15, 2012, 04:09:31 PM
Is anybody seeing this?

As the post heading shows:
QuoteTopic: Yamaha G 100-115 input wiring  (Read 167 times)
Is that enough ?  :lmao:

Scoticus

So...
I can't tell if that is good natured ribbing or something else.
Is there a problem? 

mexicanyella

I think JMF is just pointing out that there's a view counter following the topic at the top of the thread. I doubt he meant anything other than good-natured ribbing.

I didn't see the view counter either until just now, either!

Glad your amp works again; I'd like to try a G100-115 sometime. I tried an early-style G50-112 recently and liked its clean tones a lot, and thought the primitive fuzzy distortion was fun and different, too.

J M Fahey

Yes, it *is* "good natured ribbing". ;)
Imagine this Forum as your friendly neighbourhood Pub where like minded guys get together to talk Amps instead of Sports or Bikini Open Contests and you will get the picture.
By the way, Welcome to the Forum !!!!  :dbtu:
(And the counter now shows 199 views, so you can get sure things don't go unnoticed here  :o )

EDIT: and agree, those Yamahas are *killer* loud, clean and warm amps.
Distortion? : nothing a good pedal can't solve.

Scoticus

OK, sound great!

thanks for your input and  comments

Cheers,

mexicanyella

Bikini open contests? Which section do I go to for that?

joecool85

Quote from: mexicanyella on July 16, 2012, 09:01:54 PM
Bikini open contests? Which section do I go to for that?

Go to the Player's Corner and start a thread!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com