Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

RANDALL RG100ES CHANNEL SWITCH USING JACKS.

Started by soundroi, April 19, 2012, 11:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundroi

Hello again!

My question this time is about the Randall RG100ES / HT footswitch.

I need to control the channel switch of this head (it uses the 6-pin connector) with my Behringer FCB1010 floor controller (wich uses standard mono jacks for switching). Is this possible?

I mean, I need to make a cable that goes from the 6-pin > to two 6.3 jacks. Is this possible, and how do I make this cable? I have the original Randall fotswitch schematics but I don't understand it.

I have a Randall FS5 footswitch so I can use this 6-pin connector (which seems impossible to find here in Europe).

Thank you very much.

Roi.

J M Fahey

The Randall footswitch uses a DPDT footswitch, meaning 2  3 leg switches working together.
One of them does the actual switching, by grounding either of the channels.
Without the fsw, both work a the same time because nobody is grounding any of them.
So you need to wire a spdt relay so its contacts short either channel, copying what the original fsw does.
I don't know whether your controller can directly drive the relay coil.
I think not.
I think that in your situation the best solution would be to DIY a fsw similar to the original, meaning use a spdt footswitch (easy to get) , balanced mic cable (which has 2 hot wires and 1 ground mesh) and a suitable 6 pin connector , although you will wire only 3: ground and both channel muting ones.

soundroi

Thank you so much!  :tu:

Well, in fact I don't want the "Both Channels" option active... so I guess I could make a 1 jack cable just for switching channels... am I right?

How can I make this?

Roi.

J M Fahey

Post a clean readable copy of the preamp schematic, so we all refer to the same.