Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

How do you think about my amp?

Started by newbiediy, February 13, 2012, 09:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocklander

Quote from: newbiediy on April 26, 2012, 10:41:05 PM
I'm using the schematic at the FAQ section of runoffgroove.com. Sorry I can't give you direct link, I'm replying from my cellphone. It's very simple, really. Connect a 10 ohms resistor from jack's ground to speaker out negative.
But instead of 10 ohms, I use 220 ohms/2w because it's still too loud for me. Works for me, but I don't know if it's technically correct.
Use plastic socket. It needs to be floating. Grounding it will make VERY loud hum.
You can wire it so when you insert headphone jack, it will break the connection with the speaker.
Don't expect too high. This is the simplest way. The sound will be a bit dull. A cab sim will do better.

Hopefully this helps.

that actually helps heaps..  it's kind of what I was thinking of doing, but it's good to know the additional impedance may be useful (which is really what I was most concerned about). I may just put the 8Ω resistor in there and maybe a 250Ω pot as well so I could have a separate headphone volume.. thanks a heap.. that's very cool. :tu:

newbiediy

You're welcome. Glad that helps.
Headphone volume pot is a very cool idea. Worth to try. :dbtu:
Post pics or vids or youtube link or whatever in this thread when your amp is completed. I can't wait to see how it looks and hear how it sounds.
Sorry for my bad English. We say "laik dis" instead of "like this" in Facebook. :P