Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:05:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Rackmount, MIDI comtrollable kit?

Started by Jenkhis Khan, January 23, 2012, 03:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenkhis Khan

My deepest apologies if this is a repeat question, but my search of the forum has yielded no results.

I'm looking to put together a rack, because, let's face it, they are neat. The preamp I want us a kit, so why not build the amp, too?  I've searched everywhere but can't fine what I need. Does anyone know of a MIDI controllable, stereo power amp with lots of headroom that's rack mountable (and preferably has no tone controls)? I just need to drive one or two 12 inchers, so 50-80 watts per channel should do the trick.  A kit would be great, but a schematic and friendly advice for the noob would be just as helpful.

Thanks in advance, fellow guitar gods.

phatt

I doubt you will need midi control for a poweramp?
ESP site has powerAmp kits.
http://sound.westhost.com/projects.htm

Also look for LM3886 chip Amps they can pump out 40>50 Watts

A fair amount of cost will be the power supplies and (in your case) ,,the rack cases.
Phil.

Jenkhis Khan

I'm glad my first post could so efficiently make me look like a goon. Of course I don't need MIDI controls. The endless search for a preamp has addled my brain, I think.

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely check those out.

Jenkhis Khan

AHA!  I remember why I wanted MIDI (or foot switching, whichever I can get)!  I saw an awesome Engl that had two volume and two presence controls on each channel, and both were A/B switchable via MIDI and/or footswitch.  The kit's ability to support switching isn't as important as my ability to add it, but I seriously distrust my ability to figure it out myself.