Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Gorilla GG-25 Guitar Amp

Started by Seblin, August 24, 2011, 05:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seblin

Need Help. Plug in guitar, no sound except minor buzzing when input is around halfway in..... follows ... TD2030?... Any ideas as to what could cause this?

I believe TDA2030 is the amp style?

agh Help this noob

techno-rachit

For the first attempt, start from trying to use another cable and guitar mate.

Seblin

Hmmm Was just playing Same guitar and used same cord with My Mustang I amp....
Looked at the amps plug in point couldn't see anything wrong with it :(

joecool85

Has this amp ever worked while you have owned it or did you get it this way?  Do you get sound through the amp when the volume is turned all the way up?  Plug in your guitar and strum the strings while moving the volume knob on the amp up and down.

Also, make sure the volume is turned up on our guitar, I've made that mistake before!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Seblin

I have had it work before. Then I got the Fender Mustang 1 so I started playing on that for awhile. The Gorilla was left at my bros house in a little room we practiced in. Picked it up recently

all vol knobs were up. It had started getting iffy near trhe end ( hence getting the Mustang) but it still worked when tilted a certain way. now ...nothing :(

teemuk

Sounds like an intermittency problem. I'd open it up and redo the solder joints of the input jack and potentiometers.

joecool85

Quote from: teemuk on September 05, 2011, 04:31:40 PM
Sounds like an intermittency problem. I'd open it up and redo the solder joints of the input jack and potentiometers.

I agree.  If that doesn't work, you'll have to do Juan's "chopstick test".
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com