Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Supreme TransTube 100W Head

Started by guitarkitbuilder, March 22, 2011, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarkitbuilder

I just picked up a Peavey Supreme TransTube head, and unusual for me, it works without my needing to repair it.  I really was just in need of an empty 4x12 cabinet for use in a music school as a room divider, and saw this Peavey half stack advertised for $300.  The cabinet has 4 Eminence G12K85 speakers in it that I'll sell.  Between the head and the individual speakers I think I can get my $300 back and get the cabinet for free.  I'm really impressed with the head though - very nice tube sound, nice features and construction.  This is my first experience with the TransTube technology and I have to say I'm impressed by it.  It also looks like it would be very straightforward to work on if needed.  The opamps are socketed, which is nice, and the rest of the layout is very clean and open. 

Thanks to Teemu for his book and direction to the Peavey Papers on TransTube - an interesting read.  Anyone else have any experience with this amp?  Does anyone want one or more of the speakers - I'll let them go for below the price I see quoted in eBay, as thanks for the assistance I've gotten through this forum.  Let me know.

Regarding Teemu's book - is there any reason I shouldn't link to it from GuitarKitBuilder.com?  I think our readers would want to know about it.

joecool85

Quote from: guitarkitbuilder on March 22, 2011, 12:17:04 PMRegarding Teemu's book - is there any reason I shouldn't link to it from GuitarKitBuilder.com?  I think our readers would want to know about it.

No reason at all.  His book is hosted on my webspace and I find no problem with sharing it with the world.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com