Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:42:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

faulty laney

Started by bgruncorn, March 11, 2011, 04:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all, i got a problem with my laney pl100 twin

pl100
1 (100%)
amp not clean sounding
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

bgruncorn

Hi all, i got a problem with my laney pl100 twin.  First it would fade out, wait a while, turn off and on maybe sound would come back. Had it looked at, some parts changed, (all capacitors and output transistors, now stays on but lack of power and sound is not clean.  Checked speakers, they're good.  Can anyone help?? don't know which way to go now and need it for gigging.  Thanks, Bill.

joecool85

Has it been this way since you purchased it, or did it start doing this recently?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

bgruncorn

i bought it second hand, approx 93, was fine, didn't use it a lot but was fine, stood around the house for a long time and when i used it prob 12 months ago, this fault had developed.
Thanks.

joecool85

Hmm, well it could be a multitude of things.  I'd be willing to hazard a guess theres something up with your power supply though.  Have you taken the amp apart?  If not, you should.  Let us know if you see any burn marks/darkening around any of the components (top of the board and bottom of the board) as well as if you see any bulging capacitors (the "soda can" looking ones).
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com