Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

NO soldering wireless guitar amp project.

Started by flester, November 11, 2017, 02:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flester

Probably been done before but...
Headphone amp + fm mps transmitter +  any FM Radio = wireless guitar amp

Works well with my Technics HiFi. Using a better headphone amp (eg Vox.ones) and transmitter might improve matters. Need to keep amp volume low to stop the transmitter clipping. Little chance of hurting the receiver as the FM signal is weak enough. Plus the neighbours can hear  my killer riffs if they tune in to
106.7 FM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

joecool85

Nice job!  I've always wanted to do this but never took the time.  I think you may be the first to talk about this on here, thanks for sharing!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

flester

Thanks. My first attempt at guitar amplification was trying to connect a soundhole pickup on my acoustic into the 'hifi' in my photo. Didn't really work, maybe better impedance matching would work but I was afraid of frying the hifi.

A few steps on I made a TDA2003-based amp, it's OK but clips rather harshly. Then someone gave me the headphone amp, I had the transmitter for playing MP3s in the car, one thing lead to another and this was the result. Hey, I can now play my Hofner Shorty in the car!

The amp has 'off', 'c' (clean) and 'd'  (dirty) settings. There is basically no clean sound because the amp causes the transmitter to clip even on 'c'. The 'd' just goes to cheap and nasty distortion which I kind of like. Vox make some headphone amps designed t emulate classic amps such as the AC30....

phatt

You can always insert a pot before the transmitter to wipe off some voltage.
Agree with Joe,,,,,Cool Idea :dbtu:

flester

Quote from: phatt on November 15, 2017, 06:47:36 AM
You can always insert a pot before the transmitter to wipe off some voltage.
Agree with Joe,,,,,Cool Idea :dbtu:
Yes great idea on the pot.
What I like is that I can play my electric travel guitar in anyones house, boat, car, caravan... as long as they have an FM radio. Lucky them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk