Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

cr 112 shorting out

Started by clamup1, December 16, 2010, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clamup1

need to get a bigger power transformer?

i think that one of the original TIPs was flipped over and screwed to the heat sink. (i had to unscrew it to read it) but im not sure. i didnt take pics before i tore it apart.

i think im gonna park this thing for a while, this whole project has ticked me off

clamup1

hey guys, the 127 was in backwards. now i need to find a piece of steel to attach the green wire to. i almost burned a hole in the carpet.

its kind of dissapointing that i cant make this a 212. ill save the other speaker for another amp i guess.
thanks for your help

bry melvin

actually you CAN make this a 2 12... Use something like Weber or Jensen mod low wattage 12s rated at 16 ohms in parallel
...you could also use 4 ohm speakers in series
just don;t use high wattage speakers...jensen mod 12-35s 16 ohm will probably work well.

however I think you'd be happier with the sound of something like a pair of weber 10F100t's  10" 15 watt speakers 16 ohm

but much more expensive.

You could probably get adequate volume out of a pair of Celestion Rocket 50s at 16 ohm too if you could find them.

clamup1

i bought 2 Celestion Red white and blues. 8 Ohm. i thought this amp had a higher wattage than 20. oh well.

wow the webers are built to order. cool

im not getting any sound so i think i have some trannies to fix.

joecool85

Quote from: clamup1 on December 30, 2010, 10:00:02 AM
i bought 2 Celestion Red white and blues. 8 Ohm. i thought this amp had a higher wattage than 20. oh well.

wow the webers are built to order. cool

im not getting any sound so i think i have some trannies to fix.

You could always run those two speakers in series and have it at 16 ohms.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

clamup1

ive got them run in parallel. cool now i have to figure out whats blown.

bry melvin

looks like parrallel there series would be something like :   amp output+ ->+speaker1- -> +speaker2 - -> back to amp

joecool85

Quote from: clamup1 on December 30, 2010, 06:16:08 PM
ive got them run in parallel. cool now i have to figure out whats blown.

I thought it wouldn't run at 4 ohms....which is what you'd have running them in parallel.

Parallel means that the + on each speaker is hooked to the + on the amp and the - on each speaker is hooked to the - on the amp.

Series means you have the + on speaker #1 hooked to the + on the amp, the - on speaker #1 hooked to the + on speaker #2 and the - on speaker #2 hooked to the - on the amp.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com