Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Backstage 110

Started by Aharon, June 14, 2006, 08:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aharon

Hello everybody,new guy,some may know me form Aron's forum.

What do you guys think of the Peavey Backstage 110 and any mods,tips,advice.......?
I really don't think it sounds too good,a little thin....maybe it's the speaker...........
Thanks
Aharon

RDV

A newer or older model?

I used to like those back in the 80's, though the speaker did limit the reponse.

Have you tried plugging it into a bigger speaker?

RDV

Aharon

I could not tell you,I'm new to SS amps.I picked it up at a sale for $20,sounds good for practice but seems to lack "body" if you will.
I will have to plug into an external cab to see for real,you are right,at least discount the speaker as the problem.
Thanks
Aharon

RDV

I know a bunch of blues players who swear by those old Peavey solid state amps but they do say they want the ones with a 12" in them. One to check out if you see one is the old Studio Pro 40. It rocks.

RDV

joecool85

$20!?!?!  And it works?  Ooooh, thats a steal.  Just throw in a red coat and you'll be good.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Aharon

Great!!
Thanks
Aharon

PS:Joe,I sent you an email regarding the PS for the LM3886

Aharon

I finally opened up the Backstage 110.
5X4558P in it.........I wonder if I could replace them with 4559s or other OP and make a diference,at least in the EQ sections.
Thanks for any input.
Aharon