Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 07:05:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Kustom Dart 10 amp mod?

Started by ampman, July 06, 2010, 06:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ampman

Hi everyone!

Long time ago I bought the Kustom Dart 10 amp for practice,I was happy with it but now I want to do some modifications on it.
The amp has a Input,Clean/Overdrive switch, Gain, Voice (Tone control), Volume, a Headphone Jack and a Power Switch with a LED.
The bad thing about the amp is that it has only a overall Tone control,no Bass, Mid and Treble controls.  :(
Is it in some way possible to let the Gain potentiometer and Clean/Overdrive switch away and build in another Potentiometer f.ex. Bass and turn the overall Tone control potentiometer into a Treble control? Then it would be a Clean amp only and I would use Stomboxes for Distortion.I starded with tracing a schematic of the PCB out,what a hard job!  >:( Can the schematic help to fix my problem?

Greetings!

J M Fahey

Hi ampman.
Personal opinion, it's not worth it.
Being an all-in-one-pcb amplifier, you will have to discard it (there's no physical space for anything else) and build a new one from scratch.
And you'll still have a 10W amp, a puny 6" speaker and a very small open cabinet.
*If* you want to build something better (good for you), get a larger, nonworking SS amp, say a "garage sale special"n for $5 or 10, or straight from a junk bin, and you'll already have a better cabinet and speaker, and a well made chassis with a working power supply in it.
Preamp and power amp are up to you.
Good luck.