Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Anyone here in Italy ? I have a favor to ask of you.

Started by Zappacat, May 10, 2010, 10:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zappacat

I need someone to call Castley guitars and find out the power transformer requirements for the Castley GA-30.  Please help me if you can.  Their phone number is : +36 071 7825422  Thanks!

More relevant information about my problem is in the following thread :

http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=1640.0
I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.

phatt

Hi zappa,
             It's a bubby amp,,, a Tr about the same size will work fine.
30VA rating up to anything you can grab with a 35 V ct output will be fine.
Just make sure the Rectified DC does not exceed the rating of the Electrolitics.
Have fun, Phil.

J M Fahey

Hi zappacat, the transformer requirements are printed in the label you posted.
You need just the same but with a 120V primary.
Probably sold as 18Vx2 or 18+18VAC or 36V CT as Phatt said, with a 120V primary and a 30VA or more rating.
If in doubt, post here links for transformers (in the USA) which you find practical to order, and we'll help you choose one.
I doubt the Italian distributors know any more than you about it (technically speaking) because it's a very Korean generic type amp, most certainly sold worldwide under many labels, somewhat similar to Nobels products.
Of course it was built under Italian standards to be sold there.
These particular standards do not call for a 3 wire, chassis grounding power cable, that's why it still uses the old European 2 round pins power plug; but *you* should use an US standards (UL?) approved one.