Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 11:36:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

More n00bs!

Started by Elear, May 05, 2010, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elear

Hello there!

I'm Alvaro from Chile, a big electronic n00b.

After the big cataclism (you know, 8.8 earthquake 2 months ago) I lost my Vox AC30 '63, so I decided to buy a cheaper solid state amp and I found a Marshall Valvestate 8080, very nice, with some little problems but I found a guy who repaired it for cheap.

Since the Marshall sound never was my favourite I decided to try some solid state Fender amps like the Pricenton 112 and the Performer 650. The owner of both amps (an old friend of mine) didn't want to sell one of the amps to me, so I decided to find the way to build one of them (I prefer the Performer).

So, I'm here, to find some help and to find where to start. We have plenty of electronics supliers here in Chile and a nice DIY Stombox and Tube Amps community, but non solid state.

Could you help me where to start to build a Fender Performer (I want 2 for stereo lol) or other similar project? I'm looking a clean sound like the one found in Fender or even Kustom amps.

I have some little experience in electronics, since I build 4 or 5 pedals (tube screamer, microamp, pulsar, rangemaster, A/B box).

Please please!! :)

thanks!

J M Fahey

Hi Alvaro. A Fender Performer is a complex amplifier.
If you need clean power you can build an LM3886 power amp and drive it with an Elliot Project 27 preamp or even build the full Project 27 100W guitar amp-
http://sound.westhost.com/project27.htm
También podés simplificar tu vida, buscá "amplificador fahey" en "mercadolibre.com.ar" ; cualquier consulta, a tu disposición. Somos vecinos.
J M Fahey