Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender stage 100 DSP problem!!!!!!please help

Started by Chazeman2, April 29, 2010, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chazeman2

So ill be playing my guitar and out of nowhere my sound will cut out to the point where i can barley hear it. To fix it for a little while i switch to overdrive and pluck the strings while i turn it up to about 9 or ten then it kicks back in really loud so i have to turn it down quickly.  what could be wrong?can i fix it myself? how much will it cost to have it fixed?

thanks fellas!!

Enzo

Plug a cord from PREAMP OUT to POWER AMP IN.   ANy help?

Chazeman2

bry melvin

If that worked then the contacts on those jacks probably are either dirty or have lost tension holding the switches closed when not used. This is a common problem in a lot of amps.

Fixing it would mean changing the two switched jacks.
If you don't use them you could probably just leave a jumper cord installed there for now.

Enzo

The power amp in is the one causing trouble.   Just plugging something in and out of that jack a few times might clear it.  Can;t hurt to find out.  And if you squirt some contact cleaner into that jack and immediately poke a plug in and out a few times, you might be able to clean the little contacts.  At worst, replace the power amp jack.

It will absolutely not harm the amp in any way to operate it with the cord connected to those two jacks.  SO you can just call it fixed if you are lazy.

Qwirkman

So, my fender 100 dsp has been cutting in and out.  It does this constantly if i try to play even slightly loud.  if i hit it, the sound will come back on.  WHen the sound cuts out i can still hear a hum but absolutely nothing from the guitar.  Ive tried multiple guitars  so i know that is not the problem.  i even detached the circuit board and control panel from the casing and when i hit that i get the same result so i know its not the speaker.  HELP!

Enzo

Did you read through the posts just above here and try what was suggested?