Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Who wants a power amp kit for free? **Out of LM3886 kits**

Started by joecool85, May 23, 2006, 10:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

javacody, if you could, just post when you get the kit in the mail, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks :-)
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

javacody

Sure, it came yesterday. Man, those caps are big.  :)  Can anyone recommend a heatsink source that might be local to me? Radio Shack?

joecool85

Radio Shack doesn't carry any heatsinks even remotely close to big enough.  eBay is your best bet as far as I know.  This will give you a good idea of what you want: http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=175.0
thatraymond.com

joecool85

Brian sent out the stuff.  I should have two LM3886 kits ready in a couple days, as soon as the stuff gets here.  Those will go to Dreamseller and SecondandBowery.  I need to order a couple things from digikey to get the other kits together because brian was out of a few things.
thatraymond.com

RDV

Let me know what you spend and I'll include it in the paypal.

RDV

joecool85

It's looking like $30ish, I'm going to wait till the stuff comes in from brian to make sure I won't need anything else.  I'd feel bad for you to pay all that ricky.  But if you want to (or anyone else for that matter) wants to include a little extra, you guys know where to paypal it to  ;)
thatraymond.com

RDV

I'll gladly pay for the extra stuff it'll take for one LM1875 kit. Whomever takes the other kit(s) should share their part as well. It's still quite a bargain. I've got everything I'll need including an enclosure(another dead CD player).

RDV

joecool85

Ah, ok.  That'll be like $5 or so.  So it'd end up being $10 with shipping for a stereo LM1875.
thatraymond.com

RDV

You're getting 6 stereo LM1875 kits?

RDV

joecool85

thatraymond.com

RDV

We'll see, there may be more takers, though a 5.1 system with them might be cute. We're gonna be busy soon with these fellas who haven't built one yet. You remember how many questions you asked, right? They're gonna be asking the same stuff. I'll try to help of course!!

RDV

joecool85

I'm ok with that though, I like answering questions.  Makes me feel smart.  There should be plenty of LM1875s to get you enough for a 5.1 since I think you are the only one that has even expressed interest in any of them.  Plus the LM1875s are unmarked boards, no C1,C2,R1,R2 etc to go by.  You just have to go by the schematic and a couple pics and stuff.  It's not a hard build, but not a beginner's one either.  The good news is, since I've done one I can answer any questions one might have about it.
thatraymond.com

joecool85

Alright, 4 more LM3886 kits are ready to go.  Just send me $5 via paypal to joseph.raymond@umit.maine.edu

If you want more than one kit, ask first.  I want to make sure I have enough to go around.  Also, if you want to send a couple bucks extra (or even like 50cents) that would help to offset the cost of me ordering extra parts for the LM1875 kits.

**edit**
Kits will be shipped via USPS priority.
thatraymond.com

DreamSeller

Can you send me details of where to send the money order?

-Dream
A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day
haggardfx.com - Electronics Resource Library

joecool85

If you are doing a money order, I'll PM you the address.

PM sent
thatraymond.com