Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

need Trace Elliot supertramp schematics!

Started by AlexShakar, February 01, 2010, 08:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexShakar

Recently, i stole (for an extremely low price, not an actual crime) a trace elliot supertramp 80w from a pawn shop here in town. he only wanted a bill for it, but i talked him down to about a doller a watt. weak signal strength, only gets loud when i crank the level on the boosted channel. it still gets down, but the first month i had it the police were involved for noise complaints, and now with every knob cranked, you can barely hear it outside! cleaned out the pots and switches with denatured alchohol and contact cleaner. i have no money, so i've decided to fix it myself. i have experienced help, i just need the schematics or a "hey! i know just how to fix that/ what it is"!
thirteen guitars (four acoustic and a seven string included), four amps, a fourteen piece drum kit, Fl Studio, and four condenser mics. I LOVE MUSIC.

J M Fahey

Hi alex.
You did not mention the single most suspect connector: the loop in or power amp in jack.
Clean it too and even push the leaf closed with a piece of wood or plastic.
Even better, just replace it.
To test it , hook your guitar into a distortion pedal, clean preamp, multi effects , or use another amplifier's pre/line out or a CD/MP3 player, or similar and hook its output into the power amp in.
Post your results and good luck.