Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Thats not the spirit of this forum !!!!!

Started by dg, December 05, 2009, 05:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dg

Sorry Mr J m fahey I read my last post and I seen to have given up before I have even started,I welcome your help and any assistance you can give will be most appreciated ,I joined the forum to learn about amps electronics ,I wire up all my guitars transducers preamps ect and have built preamps from kits but have never understood how or why they work ,and perhaps the little freedom amp should be my first proper project ,I have been reading posts to try to understand the basic principals as it has always fascinated me
QuoteSo, first task is to cut a rectangular opening on the side (say, 2.5"x4"), where now the power socket rests, and mount there a somewhat larger piece of 1/8" Masonite or MDF , with 3 holes for: power cable, power switch and fuse holder (2A for 119V ; 1A for 220V)
I'll post a drawing for you to play it safe.
Posting a drawing would be most appreciated  can i send you some small picture to se if the are the right components
there is a switch on maplin that seems to combine all three would this be suitable

many thanks

dg

J M Fahey

Hi DG, that's an excellent switch/fuse/connector combination.
I'm answering on the "main" thread to avoid confusions.