Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Joe Davisson's new Guitar amp

Started by syndromet, August 10, 2006, 02:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecool85

Juan, this one doesn't look too bad:

Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

askwho69

J M Fahey

HEY !! That's GOOD!
Now there seems to be some problems.
The "readable" pages (from a French site) are labelled as malware.
The actual www.diyzone.net page does not open ¿¿¿???.
They seem to have addressed the problem of joining non-contiguous pins using the very narrow space between the IC legs and the back panel.
I couldn't, (at least not with "safe" width tracks), and had to cheat by using external parallel links on top of the board, between the legs, turning it into a virtual "3 layer" board.
I also needed to cheat by joining standby and mute pins , driving both from the same RC network, to free some precious real estate.
I *hate* running tracks between pins and in general avoid using tracks less than 30 mil wide in Guitar amps.
10 mil ones were invented for PC boards, not for us.
If you can get another pictures from that board, I would love to see them, to check how they did that.
Thanks.

joecool85

thatraymond.com

morgoth2006

J M Fahey

joecool85

I fixed your link for you Morgoth.
thatraymond.com

morgoth2006

Hey JM and Joe. Sorry about the ninjapost of the other day, but free time is something I don't seem to have much lately.
I just searched the Wayback Machine for the server, saw that it was in chinese  xP and posted it, never checked if it was working  :-[
I'll post some doubts soon and some updates on my projects. Here's a sample of what I've been cooking up (literally  ;D)

J M Fahey

WHAT'S THAT??????????  xP
A knob-shaped cookie?
A knob (half) carved in stone by the Flintstones ?
PS: don't worry about the Chinese, I'm already studying it.
Well, still struggling with Lesson 1, but that's the beginning .
Nín Hao !! <--- (hello)
Xiè xie ! <--- (thanks)
and so on, so in about 1000 years I'll be able to read those pages  :lmao:

joecool85

Quote from: J M Fahey on February 14, 2011, 08:20:20 AM
WHAT'S THAT??????????  xP
A knob-shaped cookie?
A knob (half) carved in stone by the Flintstones ?

I think it's knob shaped fudge.  If that's the case, YUM!
thatraymond.com

J M Fahey

Believe it or not, I once tried to clone a chickenhead knob using polyester resin and that pink or green elastic material Dentists use to take tooth casts (you know I love to experiment with weird materials).
Obviously some chemical there must have reacted with polyester in  a *bad* way, because dental gypsum casts came out perfect, although unusable, and "definitive" plastic ones came out looking like that or worse.
Oh well.

joecool85

Quote from: J M Fahey on February 14, 2011, 10:26:47 AM
Believe it or not, I once tried to clone a chickenhead knob using polyester resin and that pink or green elastic material Dentists use to take tooth casts (you know I love to experiment with weird materials).
Obviously some chemical there must have reacted with polyester in  a *bad* way, because dental gypsum casts came out perfect, although unusable, and "definitive" plastic ones came out looking like that or worse.
Oh well.

You could make a clone if you made a mold then used JB Weld as a substrate.  Plenty strong and easy to work with.  Not horribly cheap, but for a knob you wouldn't use a whole lot.
thatraymond.com

morgoth2006

Thank God I have a pretty good self esteem. I showed that to my wife today and she said "Oh, how nice, you made cookies..." now I get here I and it's flintstones era.... oh well...  ::)
Well, jokes apart, I tried making some moulds, this one was made with gypsum plaster, that's why the "cookie look"  :D
I'll start a new thread to share my experiences.

Joe

Fixed the preamp, apparently the direct-coupled buffer before the tone stack was screwing up the sound. So I cap-coupled the buffer, and altered it to include an input diode as in the other stages. Don't have time to fix the schematic(s) right now, unfortunately.

Has anyone tried FIMA clay for making knobs, etc?

joecool85

I look forward to seeing the new schematic.
thatraymond.com