Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:56:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Yamaha G100-115 speaker

Started by Scoticus, March 09, 2012, 12:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoticus

Hello to all,
this is my first post here and I have a few questions for you guys.

I Have a Yamaha G100-115. I believe it to be a series I. It currently has a Peavey Scorpion S15825 installed in it and it has Surprisingly warm tone. It came with the original (blown) speaker? Yamaha JA-3802 included with the purchase. would it be worth fixing the 3802?
I see them listed as bass speakers frequently and also as organ speakers too which leads me to believe that its kind of a catch all instrument speaker rather than a guitar specific speaker

I understand that the Peavey is kinda middle of the road "guitar amp" speaker and I am wondering if I could do better.

what would you recommend to bring out that nice warm tone?

Thanks very much,

J M Fahey

The Peavey Scorpion is very good.
The Yamaha, loke any other speaker, can be repaired but I think parts for it would be hard to find.

Scoticus

J M,
thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

parker_knoll

Scoticus

any chance you could send me or post a picture of the original Yamaha speaker?

I have a g100-115 Series I which has a great speaker, but i'm not sure if it's the original as it has no sticker on it. It looks like a cast frame Fane.

Thanks

J M Fahey

The original Yamaha speaker was a good Eminence type stamped sheet metal speaker; I have seen more modern Yamahas with a straight Made in USA Eminence. (Labelled Yamaha , of course).
Not bad at all.
If somebody replaced it with a cast frame Fane, he did you a favor because they are even better.
It *might* also be a cast frame, PA type Eminence.
Post a few pictures, maybe somebody can recognize it.

parker_knoll

i will, but it's at the bottom of a stack right now and i've got everything set up so nice

Moby

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a g100 115.  Isn't the series 1 the one that has the parametric eq?