Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Effects Loop Kit for SS Amps

Started by aoresteen, February 24, 2015, 10:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aoresteen

I am looking at putting in an effects loop into my Envoy 110 TT silver stripe.

I've been looking for an effects loop kit for a ss amp and all that I find are kits for tube amps. Here's are some examples:

http://www.metroamp.com/store/index.php ... cpq43vdgf7

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Mojot ... OyYCSwrPKE

Does anyone know of a general purpose effects loop kit that will work with a ss amp? My budget is $100 or so.

Thanks!
Tony Oresteen
Peavey Bandit Silver Strip, Revolution 112
Marshall MOSFET Lead 100 3210
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

J M Fahey

Nobody puts out kits because you can add a couple jacks at a convenient point spending a grand total of 3 or 4 bucks.

Loops are much easier in the SS World because they already work at reasonable signal voltage and impedance, not the high voltage high impedance tubes.

Post the schematic and I'll suggest a loop.

aoresteen

Tony Oresteen
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

greenm01

Quote from: J M Fahey on February 24, 2015, 04:14:21 PMNobody puts out kits because you can add a couple jacks at a convenient point spending a grand total of 3 or 4 bucks.

A related subject: how about a balanced output for applications such as speaker emulation?

aoresteen

The Peavey Studio Pro TT of the same vintage has an effect loop and I wonder if it can be lifted and used with the Envoy 110 as they are very similar.  Attached is the schematic for it.

Thanks!
Tony Oresteen
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

g1

Yes, you already have a send jack, you just need a return with a switching jack so you can run straight in to the power amp if required.
Also, the protection diodes like CR7&8 in the express/studio are a good idea.
In the attached diagram, I've cut the circuit and added the return jack and protection diodes from the express/studio.

** If anyone sees errors or omissions, please speak up!

aoresteen

Super!!  Thanks so much!  I will get working on it.
Tony Oresteen
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

inkaholic85

U ever get this working im thinking of doing the same thing to my silver stripe envoy?

g1

inkaholic85, I've sent the original and modified drawings, please let us know how it works out.