Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:18:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

my oscilloscope

Started by saturated, April 15, 2023, 12:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saturated

did not power on
found an open fuse
replaced fuse
put on dbt looked good
powered on but has no trace

crt is glowing a little but not much

You cannot view this attachment.

the slide switches are extremely stubborn

you practically need a hammer and chisel to move them

:)

I am aware there are crazy high voltages in these things so I havent fooled with it  :) 
I ask stupid questions
and make stupid mistakes

criticism, critique, derision, flaming, verbal abuse welcome

Loudthud

With the Sweep in NORMAL mode, there won't be a sweep unless you get a trigger somehow.

With EXT trigger source, you won't get a sweep unless you connect a signal to the External Trigger Input and adjust the trigger level control to get a trigger.

A drop or two of contact cleaner in each of those switches will free them up. Don't touch the end of the CRT tube shown in the picture.

saturated

hello everybody i think i want to try to get a trace on this device by (with your assistance) checking the power supply

obviously i (we) want to steer clear of high voltage areas

the same pics of the schematic are all over the net

thanks for your help meanwhile i am going to look for some (low) voltages to check

I ask stupid questions
and make stupid mistakes

Tassieviking

Do you have any wall warts with AC output ?
A nice small 9v AC would be a good test to do.
The older heavy DC ones usually have a transformer in them, you could test the DC voltage on AC and look for a ripple.
There are no stupid questions.
There are only stupid mistakes.

saturated

thank you sir that is an excellent suggestion

today I decided to look at this thing...todays goal was to be able to find something on the device then locate it on the schematic...or vice versa.

I was able to locate the two (bridge rectifiers)? and then test the voltage at point T (white wire) and I got 193v. (supposed to be 185v so I guess that is good)

one thing i noticed was the two rectangular resistors next to the diodes were pretty warm maybe that is normal but ones elsewhere were room temp.

there is a voltage between d408 and d410 supposed to be 19v but i cant find a place to put my probe to test.
I ask stupid questions
and make stupid mistakes

Tassieviking

Those wirewound resistors are 5 watt and 10 watt for a reason, so they will get hot.
There are no stupid questions.
There are only stupid mistakes.