Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:33:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

I would like to build an audio signal detector

Started by yeto, September 23, 2021, 06:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeto

I am new at this but I want to build a 9V guitar amp. Would the following device work for tracing my progress as I build the amp so I don't have to plug in a guitar every time I want to input a signal to check progress and if this device will work can someone show me how I would wire it up and use?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33050874674.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.78fa7326adjujo&algo_pvid=3f9a222e-9837-46ee-af4d-d25ef3e4aac7&algo_exp_id=3f9a222e-9837-46ee-af4d-d25ef3e4aac7-1&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2267382343472%22%7D

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

Enzo

This calls itself a signal detector, not a signal generator.   I have a guitar next to me in the shop, but mostly I just use a signal from my little shop stereo receiver tuned to a music station, or sometimes a CD player.   All I need is a signal for testing, it doesn't matter a lot what it is.   Of course you could use an actual signal generator (oscillator) if you have one.  It keeps your hands free.

And honestly, any amp running on 9v will likely be very simple and basic, meaning there won't be many stages in the half built steps where listening tests will lwork.

yeto

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Would you have any recommendations as to an amateurs way to "sort of" check the circuit if I get everything put together but the amp doesn't work. I  haven't started yet except for gathering parts but I just want to be prepared in case I run into trouble.

Thank you,
yeto

Enzo

What if it DOES work?   If it doesn't, we can determine what is wrong and fix it.

yeto