Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Hello

Started by Chong, September 15, 2021, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chong

Hi to all,
after i built a couple of e- guitars i wanted to learn more about  electronics. I built a few pedals and became interested in Amps. I allways played Solid State Amps. My first one was from GDR ( east germany) . After 40 years it started to Sound terrible . I kept the Speaker but dumped the electronics. I regret it ...would be a nice practise piece. Well, i m still at a very basic level in terms of circuits so i allways look for some easy approaches.
What i built until now was all kind of Lm386 circuits but i didnt like the clean tone ...i mean there wasnt any. So i went a step further...learned about mains and started to make experiments with TDA 2030 single and Split supply combined with different preamps. Either simple op-amp circuits or also Hybrid with a ECC82.
My newest build is a Blackface like preamp based on Fet s from redcircuits.com with a LM1875 in split supply.
You will probably read some from me in the future so see u later 8)

Jazz P Bass

Welcome to the sight.
It sounds like you are on a roll!

joecool85

Welcome aboard!  I'd love to see pictures or video of some of your past projects!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Chong

I dont have any Videos but i ccould take some pictures..
Most of the Stuff never made it in an enclosure
There s actualy only one.
It s a DIY Kit called little Rebel. It s two lm386 as poweramp with two Watt output.
Everything else was never more then breadboarded. Not sure if you want to see that but here you are ;)
The Picture shows a Tube Preamp Stage, Lm317 voltage regulator and Lm1875 Preamp.
I cant photograph the other stuff because its off the board.

So long

joecool85

Quote from: Chong on September 30, 2021, 06:04:58 PM
I dont have any Videos but i ccould take some pictures..
Most of the Stuff never made it in an enclosure
There s actualy only one.
It s a DIY Kit called little Rebel. It s two lm386 as poweramp with two Watt output.
Everything else was never more then breadboarded. Not sure if you want to see that but here you are ;)
The Picture shows a Tube Preamp Stage, Lm317 voltage regulator and Lm1875 Preamp.
I cant photograph the other stuff because its off the board.
Right now i m working on something i found on different pages and want to try out:
http://redcircuits.com/Page65.htm
Preamp is running but the Poweramp isnt doing what it should. I ll post some pictures and descripe the problem in a seperate Thread.
So long

Thanks for sharing!  In the future, please try to post pictures that are something more like 2000 or less pixels wide.  It makes it easier to view for most folks.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Chong

Ok. For this one you just click right mouse on the pic and open with new tab.
Greetings