Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 11:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

need help please!!!

Started by stang0186, August 08, 2011, 07:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stang0186

hello im new to the forum and new to amp building. im looking to build a custom box right now with all spare parts i have but cant figure this out. i have a peavey renown 400 solo series amp that is rated in parallel for 210 watts at 4 ohm min. i have two 10s tested at 4 ohms each and three 8s tested at 16 ohms each. my question is that can i hook up all these speakers in series or parallel circuit. or what would be the best way if any to do so ??? please any advice will help a lot

J M Fahey

Don't know something very important, each speaker's power rating !!
Anyway, and just as an exercise, the 2x10" speakers in series will yield 8 ohms, and receive around 50W each.
Two of the 8" in parallel will yield also 8 ohms and receive 50W each.
So in theory you can make a 2x10" + 2 x 8" box, 4 ohms total, receiving 200W.
Have some doubts about the power handling.
Post whatever data you have, but don't be misled by out-of-this-world PMPO, Instant Peak, Musical. Program,  and other consumer misleading "trick" power ratings.

PS: next time use a more specific post title, such as "have 5 different speakers, how can I use them?" or "connecting different size and impedance speakers"; because "help" and similar labels mean nothing and damage the Search function.