Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

NEW (OLD) AMPEG AMP DAY!!!

Started by RandallRG, May 10, 2014, 04:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandallRG

Hey Dudes hows it going? I have not been on for awhile (Due to my Health issues Etc) but I wanted to get on & tell you all about my newest addition to my "SOLID STATE WALL OF DOOM"!  8) The Dude I got it from (Dennis) was Super Cool & packed it so good it probably could have fell from 20 + feet & it still would have been working! Well after wanting & waiting for one of these Bad-Boys for a loooooooong time I FINALLY was able to get a AMPEG VH140C! I am a Old School Solid State Dude & I have some Randall RG100ES' Heads & some Randall 4x12 (Jaguar Loaded) Cabs along with a ADA 3.666 "Recto" Modded MP-1 Etc. All I can say about this Head is EVERYTHING that I have ever read & heard about or the videos that I have seen are all TRUE. The Gain alone is AWESOME on 4-5 & (To me anyway) this Head for sure does not need any Pedal Etc to help BOOST it! This is ONE B-R-U-T-A-L BEAST! Anyone interested in one or if you ever wanted to try it out & you have a chance to all I can say is GO FOR IT....IT'S KILLER! Thanks & LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!  :dbtu: 

Rusty Chops

Saw a combo version of that once, and wondered about it.

Ampeg was owned by a French company when those were built IIRC.