Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Newer Gallien Krueger GK 1001RB II Schematic 206-0260-B

Started by KoolCharisma, October 26, 2016, 12:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoolCharisma

Hi guys,

I have a newer 1001RB II Gallien Krueger head that I needed a schematic for. I believe it's an 07? Anyway, all of the schematics posted here didn't have numbers high enough to match my board numbers. I contacted Gallien and they sent me some updated ones.

I wanted to post what they sent me so that anyone with a newer unit, like me, could benefit from it.

My main board number is 206-0260-B and the pre-amp board number is 206-0251-B. The following Schematics are included:

(Edit: Adding components info as well.)

J M Fahey

Thanks for posting  :tu:

The power transformer must be a heavy beast for sure.

KoolCharisma

Quote from: J M Fahey on October 27, 2016, 09:10:56 AM
Thanks for posting  :tu:

The power transformer must be a heavy beast for sure.

It is extremely heavy. It must be at least 80% of the weight (30lbs). I wish I had a way of swapping it for something lighter with the same power requirements. Any extra weight I can shed, would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, that's the least of my problems momentarily. At present, the amp will not turn on or show signs of power and because I'm completely new with electronics, I'm clueless on how to fix the issue. I have it opened up and power passes through the transformer but doesn't seem to make it to the preamp side. I'm clueless on how to diagnose the problem. Any suggestions?

gisluz

Thanks for schematics!

I've nearly completed a repair (few ICs blowed up), need to get fan working; if you still need help contact me in PM.

Cheers

KoolCharisma

What exactly was your problem? Mine simply stopped turning on. It's all in pieces now and I'm currently finishing with another amp, but I'm eventually going to have to get back to this one. The Power Supply section was working and I tested the caps. It looked like power wasn't getting past the heatsink so I'm assuming something went wrong with the FETs or a connecting component.