Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

I wanna tweak my Beta Lead...

Started by kiehano, June 13, 2010, 05:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiehano

I really like the overall character of it but I'd like to tighten up the bass a little bit.  I might want to cut off everything below 60hz really..it has a HUGE spike down there somewhere...scared the hell out of me when I saw my speakers flap like that!!  I'd also like to squeeze a little more gain out of it if I could.  Any ideas?  Here's the link to the schems...

http://sunn.ampage.org/site/svcmans/beta/

It's on pages 14 and 15...careful...they overlap!  Also, how would different pot values affect this circuit?  They're all 100k and that just seems odd to me.  Thanks!

J M Fahey

Hi kiehano.
What you should do to control that excess subsonic frequency is go to the power amplifier (betamanual22.jpg) and replace C1 (2.2uF) by a .22uF.

kiehano

I noticed that late last night.  I thought that was the cap I'd be looking for but I wasn't sure.  Now where would I insert a diode or 2 to eek out a little more gain?  I'd obviously have to do it for each channel and I'd want it to be controlled by the gain pot.