Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fender Cyber Champ...Win!

Started by FrugalGuitarist, January 12, 2009, 09:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrugalGuitarist

I'm writing up a head to head on Fender's Cyber Champ vs their new Super Champ XD in the current FrugalGuitarist.com and was recording some tracks with the Cyber Champ over the weekend...

Wow, the amp records fabulously well. Per their literature, the amp uses their DynaGain preamp digitally switching tone circuits pre or post the preamp to emulate the circuitry of the original amps. I'm surprised there's not more love for them...
Visit my e-zine www.FrugalGuitarist.com dedicated to providing our readers with detailed reviews of under-the-radar gear and guides to the best bargains on the net.

GLUGSTER

Quote from: FrugalGuitarist on January 12, 2009, 09:06:46 AM
I'm writing up a head to head on Fender's Cyber Champ vs their new Super Champ XD in the current FrugalGuitarist.com and was recording some tracks with the Cyber Champ over the weekend...

Wow, the amp records fabulously well. Per their literature, the amp uses their DynaGain preamp digitally switching tone circuits pre or post the preamp to emulate the circuitry of the original amps. I'm surprised there's not more love for them...
....I haven't read one bad thing about them. Line 6 has the Spider Valve, PV's got the Vyper tube 60/120, H&K has the Switchblade and now Fender has this. I think the next logical step Fender will do is make a higher wattage head or bigger 2-12" type of version of this amp.

FrugalGuitarist

Quote from: GLUGSTER on January 12, 2009, 09:18:30 AM
....I haven't read one bad thing about them. Line 6 has the Spider Valve, PV's got the Vyper tube 60/120, H&K has the Switchblade and now Fender has this. I think the next logical step Fender will do is make a higher wattage head or bigger 2-12" type of version of this amp.

I'm actually referring to the Cyber Champ (the same series as the Cyber Twin) which is the predecessor to the current Super Champ XD and originally released back in 2003 then discontinued in 2005.  This is their DynaGain analog preamp with digital control/effects and a gigable 65 watt solid state power amp. The new Super Champ XD is s digital preamp/effects into 15 watt tube power amp.
Visit my e-zine www.FrugalGuitarist.com dedicated to providing our readers with detailed reviews of under-the-radar gear and guides to the best bargains on the net.

GLUGSTER

Quote from: FrugalGuitarist on January 12, 2009, 12:08:35 PM
Quote from: GLUGSTER on January 12, 2009, 09:18:30 AM

I'm actually referring to the Cyber Champ (the same series as the Cyber Twin) which is the predecessor to the current Super Champ XD and originally released back in 2003 then discontinued in 2005.  This is their DynaGain analog preamp with digital control/effects and a gigable 65 watt solid state power amp. The new Super Champ XD is s digital preamp/effects into 15 watt tube power amp.
Sorry about that....