Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need Help Please! No sound at low levels?!?!

Started by JohnSweden, January 05, 2009, 04:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnSweden

I've got a problem with my marshall solid state combo. I can't get any sort of sound unless the levels are all the way up. At first it was just the overdrive channel, but after letting the amp sit for a year or two, because i had no idea how to fix it, i come to find its doing the same thing on the clean channel. The amp is in perfect condition aside from the volume problem and i would like to have it working. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for your input.

GLUGSTER

I had an old Marantz stereo that I had to turn up really high to get it to work. It would than crackle a bit and work for a while before needing to be cranked a few times to get it to work again. I always thought it was dust in the pots. Take it apart and spray contact cleaner into the pots. It couldn't hurt and it just might work!

STDog

I have a Optimus (Radio Shack) A/V receiver that has to be raised to ~20% before the right channel output starts, but then I can lower it until it's powered off again.

Since it's in the bedroom, I haven't bothered to look ito it.

I've had several audio components that had pots develop dead spot, over 50% if the range was lost.