Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Installing new speaker into cab

Started by detrath2008, October 06, 2008, 06:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detrath2008

Hi there. This is my first post here at these forums! I hope you folks can help me :)

I recently bought the Crate V Series V18-112 combo amp. I'm looking to upgrade the speaker and I can get a really great deal on the Eminence Texas Heat.

My question is if this speaker is going to work/be compatible with my amp. All the ohms and watts stuff confuses me. Could someone please help me figure out if this speaker would work? I'm still rather new in this area of amps so I'm looking for your help!

You can view both of these items on Musicians Friend:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Patriot-Texas-Heat-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660031

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18112-18W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487051

Thank you!

Jack1962

The Texas Heat is a good speaker ,however 150 Watts is a bit more than a 18 watt amp needs , I can't see it breaking up well. Try the Jensen Mod or the Celestion
vintage 30 both great speakers.

Rock On

detrath2008

I think the Jensen Mods look pretty great! They are affordable and should be better than the stock speaker, correct? Also, do you think I should get the 50w or 70w? I leaning towards the 50w but I would like to know your opinion.

Thank for your help!

Jack1962

I would lean towards the 50 Watt because of price.

Rock On

darwindeathcat

There is also a 35watt Jensen Mod (in 10 and 12 inch) that can be had for a bit cheaper than the 50 watt. For a 18watt amp, it should be plenty strong enough to handle all the output power you can muster...
__ ------------------- __
__ | | | | | | | | | | | __
    --------------------