Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Amp build

Started by luke, January 15, 2008, 01:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke

Hi I'm new to here. I have a 10" dual cone subwoofer I'd like to make an amp for my guitar with. I wish to use the little gem circuit with tone, treble and reverb added. Should I just connect the little gem circuit and the reverb and treble effects circuits together or should I connect their power source wires to the SPST switch?

n9voc

Quote from: luke on January 15, 2008, 01:42:49 PM
Hi I'm new to here. I have a 10" dual cone subwoofer I'd like to make an amp for my guitar with. I wish to use the little gem circuit with tone, treble and reverb added. Should I just connect the little gem circuit and the reverb and treble effects circuits together or should I connect their power source wires to the SPST switch?

Looking for a little more info!

First, your subwoofer - is it a very high powered one?  If so, the 1 Watt max of the Little Gem or the Ruby may be insufficient to provide good sound level out of the speaker.

Given that it gives decent sound pressure with 1 Watt maximum input, to continue:

The little gem is an excellent little amplifier, but to add things to it I suggest you go with the "Ruby".  Then, you have a consistent impedance your guitar looks into, and can parallel your tone potentiometer (and cap) with the volume potentiometer.

Attached is a Idea from what information I can glean from your description - not certain how practical putting a reverb stompbox permanently installed.  To be aware that building a digital reverb is quite complex, you can build a spring reverb using Craig Anderton's circuit.  Check the Schematics section.

Anyway, here is my first run at an idea to help you out! 

I use a stand alone reverb in my own setup.

iTzALLgoOD

I found this link over at DIY Stompboxes.  I agree that a stand alone unit would be more versitile than trying to put it in a little amp.  That way you could use your reverb on whatever you wanted.

http://www.profusionplc.com/pro/gex/prodGen.html?prdtyp=reverb#