Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:46:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Troubleshooting Fender Champion 30 Blown Fuse

Started by riceLaughs, July 10, 2012, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riceLaughs

I was recently given a Fender Champion 30 in non-working condition.  When using my multimeter to diagnose the problem I found that creating a connection between the P11 Pin and the fuse would make the amp work.  How would I go about (re)establishing a permanent connection between the two?  I have included a picture to better illustrate my question.

I touched the multimeter probe from the pin closest to the fuse to the fuse itself and the power light on the amp illuminated.

riceLaughs

i just replaced the fuse and it blows immediately ---what might cause this?

J M Fahey

I think you are going to kill yourself.
Please stop connecting live (deadly) power to different points at random inside the chassis.
Obviously you bypassed the fuse with your meter probes.
Send it to a proper technician.

Roly

The fuse is there to stop the amp catching fire if something goes wrong.  Blowing a replacement fuse clearly shows that something has gone wrong.  Simply bypassing the fuse, as you are doing, is not only personally dangerous to yourself, it is highly likely to do even more damage to the amplifier.

I have to say I agree with JM; you don't seem to realise you are dicing with death and you really should put it in the hands of somebody with a bit more experience.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

joecool85

While I do agree with Juan and Roly, if you have realized how dangerous it can be and would like to know the right (and safe) way to fix it, we can help.  If you don't care about the safety, I don't believe anyone here will even reply back - we don't want to send you to an early grave.  And we aren't being silly, it is that dangerous, you have to be very careful with mains power.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com