Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Crate G130CXL reverb

Started by bry melvin, June 20, 2010, 06:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bry melvin

Hi Guys ...I recently picked up a Crate G130CXL amp that is missing its reverb tank. Can anyone tell me what a replacement one would be?
I have schematics for it (and its twin Ampeg VH140C) ...but no reverb part#.

The schematic sets are too big to attach.
I put a link and temporarily allowed sharing.On the schematics threads
Email me if you would like them when the file is no longer public.

phatt

Hello bry melvin,
                      Yep a bit of a trick one but as it's *Driven by an Opamp* it's quite likely that a lot will work.
As long the *Driving transducer* in the tank measusres somewhere between 30 to 60 Ohms (that's DC resistance not the Z) then it's going to work give or take.

Someone here may have that Amp and could give you the number on the tank?

It 's not the greatest Reverb circuit so you may wish to consider putting the money towards a Reverb pedal instead?  Just a thought. :tu:
Cheers Phil.

J M Fahey

Agreeing and adding: maybe when searching for it you do not see the DC resistance specified, but they will claim something like (Z in: 250 ohms) or thereabouts.
What you do *not* want is the type made for Twin Reverbs and the like, which is transformer driven and has around 8 ohms nominal input impedance (DC resistance around 1 ohm).
All output impedances (usually between 600 to 10000 ohms) will do, since there is no power transfer there.
I remember seeing reverb tank ads, specifying "Model xxxxx , used in many Crate, Peavey, etc. amps).

bry melvin

OK ....managed to find someone at SLM that knew what I was talking about....they say that and a large number of crate amps used the same one:

190 ohm input 2575 output. 8bb2c1b

The tank is not available anywhere I find

Tubes and more (antique radio supply in TEMPE AZ) carries an 8bb2a1b  which will work...however  may have to alter the grounding.

I know I answered my own question...just wanted to get it in the archives for the next person running a search. ;)