Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Bugera V5 squeal problem

Started by savage3960, December 13, 2012, 06:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage3960

Hello everyone hope some one can help . I have a Bugera V5 the problem I am having is loud high pitch sqealing Ive tried different tubes no change. the squealing changes when I adjust the volume or gain and it seems to go away when I put my hand on the strings. Im almost thinking its a grounding issue with the amp . Any suggestions?

Enzo

Plug the guitar in but turn the volume control on it to zero.  Does the noise remain or stop?  Another test might be to stand in front of the amp, let is scream, and then turn side to side, "aiming" your guitar in different directions.  If the noise stops, or if aiming changes things, it sounds like your pickups.   In high gain amps, your pickups can feed back even if things are not loud.

savage3960

Thanks Enzo I'll try it and let you know.

savage3960

OK here is what its doing. It squeals like crazy when I turn the guitar volume to zero and goes away when i turn the volume back to ten it also squeals if I touch the strings like Im completing a circuit if that makes sense. Its not my guitar or pickups they work fine in my other amp . It not like a regular audio feedback it almost sounds like one of them old time shortwave radios trying to be tuned in to different channels. : :loco

Enzo

Does it scream when nothing at all is plugged into the amp input?

I am starting to suspect your input jack has a broken ground lead.

savage3960

Found the problem the Ground lug that grounds the circuit board to the metal chassis is broken loose at the spot weld to the chassis, several of these lugs that hold the circuit board to the chassis with screws have come loose . :duh so this is a factory defect and I will be contacting Bugera to notify them.Even though my warranty is out this is sad ! I will fix it myself though. Thanks for the help. :tu: