Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 10:44:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

help with peavey studio pro 50-input wire connector positions? (SOLVED!)

Started by giarc1, January 10, 2012, 12:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giarc1

hello to all, new to this site.. here's my problem...took this fine working peavey studio 50 apart just to clean it out, and my 3 year old, "helped" me by pulling the input leads off of the punch down connector..have looked all over online, and could not find what i needed...wiring schematics are not much help, at least to me...lol...i have some technical knowledge, i build p.c's, have tester's etc...i am feverishly hoping some kind soul can point me in the right direction...
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

phatt

Hi giarc1,, an welcome,

If those 4 wires connected to that then it's all signal level so wrong way won't blow up anything,,, it just wont work right.

It's tricky to explain because of the dual inputs which are likely labeled hi and low.
Just try a few logical guesses.
Phil.

giarc1

thanks phatt,
when i look under the connector, i can see that only three of the four pins go through the board. i figured maybe two of them were bridged,(common) but, they don't ring out with my meter. as long as i know it won't blow up on me....lol...i will give it a shot. thanks again!   :tu:

phatt

Then I'd guess the 2 pins that go through the board to a copper track are the Hot signals (end tips)
the other 2 will be common or ground.
They may not even be needed,,, will depend on whether the sockets are grounded to the case. Some use isolated input sockets, in which case the ground wires need to be connected to the circuit board.

The sockets are normally wired so that when you remove the cord the Hot terminal is grounded via that inside tab.
Phil.

giarc1

ok, that sounds exactly like what i thought to be the case, i am gonna put it all back together right now, and see what happens...

giarc1

SOLVED! THANKS FOR THE HELP!   :dbtu:

here is a pic, hopefully this will help some one else someday...lol

joecool85

Glad to hear you got it figured out.

How do you like your Studio Pro 50?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

giarc1

it's a good ol amp for me...it's been bounced around,used as a seat, stepstool,drum stand...ran it in the woods off a generator and a ground rod...lol..i sometimes run my bass through it, and it does fine too...it's gonna need pots soon, though.

joecool85

thatraymond.com

giarc1

nah, i guess i should i grab a can of contact cleaner and try that first...they are gettin a lil scratchy.

joecool85

Quote from: giarc1 on January 11, 2012, 08:50:48 PM
nah, i guess i should i grab a can of contact cleaner and try that first...they are gettin a lil scratchy.

There's a good chance that will fix it up for you and it's a lot easier than replacing them.
thatraymond.com

Enzo

I agree, they almost always clean up.

If for some reason anay don;t clean up, PV will sell the exact part to you.