Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Started by lapsteelman, January 10, 2011, 12:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lapsteelman

I just wanted to say Hello, Name is Frank
I stumbled on this forum while looking for schematics, and finally decided to join up. Lots of good info here!!!  I have been playing with audio amp IC's for almost 20 years, building effects pedals, etc. Its a lot of fun and really a pretty cheap hobby. I mostly play lap steel.
I am thinking about  building an amp for my steel with the LM3875 or the LM3886 for my next project. Right now I am working on a theremin.
Hope to get to know you all better.
Lap steel player, Electronic maker.

will316

Hello Frank. I found the forum the same way. What attracted me was the fact that everybody's friendly, helpful, informative, and more than willing to share their knowledge. I've lurked in other forums related to guitar and see alot of name calling, ass kissing, hazing of noobs, and generally spiteful people. Such a shame. I've only been here a couple days and have been treated nothing but nice. I've never built an amp or pedals but hope to in the near future. This is the place for the info and guidance.
I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

phatt

Thanks for the kind words, It is nice to hear that and know that folks like what they find here. <3)
Phil.

joecool85

Quote from: phatt on January 10, 2011, 09:17:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words, It is nice to hear that and know that folks like what they find here. <3)
Phil.

Indeed.  Welcome aboard, Frank!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com