Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Request Schematic Marlboro Soundworks

Started by crystaltech56, April 09, 2008, 08:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystaltech56

Okay, maybe this the wrong place to request this :Schematic for Marlboro Soundworks CA-12 Combo Amp, late Seventies vintage. I've only found one users group where I guy admitted he worked for them but then didn't want to talk about it. He said they were a portion of Music Instrument Corporation of America(now probably defunct as well). I apologise if this is the wrong forum; I'll do better next time. I also have some schematics to post, but I'll wait until I see them requested. Gerry Mac(the crystaltech56)

fisherbim

about the schematics you were to post sir?
8|
LM386s

crystaltech56

Okay, I'm a little behind in my schedule. I apologize( in the middle of moving). The book I'm copying them from is about 1972, so I'm not sure about copyright violation. I guess I'll do a few and see what happens. What is the best format to use as an attachment to post to this site?  If you're bored while you wait for me to get it done, take a look at www.swptc.com/mholley/RadioElectronics/Jun1974/RE_Jun1974.htm CrystalTech56

J M Fahey

Hi. I think the copyright holder *in this particular case* can´t have much against you, since a)You´re not printing and selling the "1000 guitar amp schematics handbook" or something similar, which would definitely be a copyright violation, and b)You´re not building an amplifier using the presumably copyrighted schematic, only trying to repair it.
I think that, since usually amplifier factories *do* provide a schematic to help service technicians , either when you buy it or on demand, posting it here , asking for advice or "second opinions" from fellow technicians is well within the "acceptable or allowed use" of said piece of information. There are a few formats accepted by this site, but I suggest that you, if possible, scan the schematic and save it as a 100 to 150 DPI grayscale .GIF , if possible 16 gray. Gifs are much better than Jpegs for  "black on white" schematics or text. Jpegs often make small text (component values) unreadable. Maximum file size: 500Kb.

citella

Please boys help me.
I have a marlboro sound works amplifiers. Model 130A.
For several days the amp stopped working.
I brought it to a technician in my country, but he said that to fix it, he
needs the schematics. Can you help me please?
You have the schematics of the AC-30 or some other amp Marlboro Sound Works?

Please help me, this amp sound very great.Is beautiful.

J M Fahey

Hi citella.
It will be difficult, because AFAIK Marlboro was just a distributor trademark, they may have been made by some OEM manufacturer , probably in Japan.
Post a couple clear pictures of its guts, and a list of transistor inscriptions, whatever can you read printed on them, to guess what's inside.
Searching schematics of obscure trademarks, 20 to 30 years old, is a frustrating work, unles by sheer chance you find an old time repairman who keeps those yellowing pages.
Where are you from? Not only country but city.
Close to big cities it's easier.