Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

[help] guitar preamp

Started by abe, June 27, 2012, 06:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly

"Good morning, your grandmother is a small sausage"?  (That can't be right :headscratch :) )

I used to drive my mother (a teacher) nuts by calling her "Mon Martre" - "Ma mère!" she would yell.  I was a Z-grade French and Latin student, but lived in the heart of Little Italy in Melbourne for several years and a tiny bit rubbed off.  You just wave your arms around a lot.   :tu:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

J M Fahey

FWIW, this is what google translate It>En offers:
I did not 'need no translator, all Argentines are half Italian

I hope you got treated to some tasty home made Lasagna in your Little Italy neighbourhood.
*I* did  <3)
My Father was a Country Doctor, often did not charge some of the poor Italian immigrant peasants, but later they ringed our bell at noon carrying steaming trays covered in large napkins.
Lasagna day !!!!  :dbtu: :dbtu:

Roly

Stoppit!  You're making me drool.

Lasagna, and all the rest.  Carlton in Melbourne has also been the major food hub for many years and with such a choice of inexpensive and authentic food, and great coffee, right on my doorstep I was a regular at several bistros.   <3)

In fact with something like 125 migrant nationalities in Melbourne (most of them apparently running eateries) you can have just about any cuisine you fancy, Greek, Lebanese, Thai, &c&c&c, and of course Chinese.

Factoids; large numbers of Chinese came here and settled during the gold rush, and many Greeks after WW2 and during the dictatorship.  As a result there is hardly a town in Australia that doesn't have a Chung Wah or Parthenon cafe (or pizza, or Lebo joint for that matter).  The Snowy Hydroelectric project brought migrants from all over Europe and one result is that Cooma (the main service town) now has more delicatessen than pubs!

Off into Ballarat later to pick up New Scientist and a souvlaki, a.k.a. gyros, for lunch.  Yum!  {Why anybody would go to McDonald's/KFC beats me.}

J M Fahey

Had to google souvlaki and gyros , but of course, we have them, only known by their Arab names, shish kebab and shawarma.
Although the latter is known as the "Greek sandwich" in neighbouring Brazil, go figure.
And basically the same as very Mexican Tacos and Burritos.
Oh well.

phatt

Quote from: J M Fahey on January 15, 2013, 07:24:06 AM
Had to google souvlaki and gyros , but of course, we have them, only known by their Arab names, shish kebab and shawarma.
Although the latter is known as the "Greek sandwich" in neighbouring Brazil, go figure.
And basically the same as very Mexican Tacos and Burritos.
Oh well.

Humm Greek Sandwich ay?

Well Google "Vegemite Sandwich" , a real Aussie treat.  :lmao:
Phil.

Roly

Actually, strictly speaking a souvlaki is made using slices of lamb done on a vertical spit, a kabab is very similar but lumps of meat cooked on a skewer (but sometimes sold as a "souva").

Attached is a pic of an Elvis sandwich, long roll, one pound of bacon, one jar of peanut butter, and one jar of jam - and he consumed two of these at 10pm every night.  No wonder he died.  :o

J M Fahey

Who says Elvis died?  :trouble

People see him all over the place  :loco :duh :lmao: