Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Creation of a list of recommended vendors/ parts search

Started by crystaltech56, May 22, 2008, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystaltech56

I'm operating on the assumption that every one knows about www.goldmine-elec.com. I've had good service from them. Their selection is wide/varied/weird but some excellent prices on some items that we in particular are interested. I'd avoid their "tools"(probably from China,UGGH!), and as always,shop comparatively;but look at their semiconductors and cap's and switches, excellent! Downloadable pdf catalog and update flyer every two months. I am in no way associated with their business, other than as a customer(neutral party). Also check out www.allelectronics.com. I use to work across the street from them in L.A. ; it was hard not to spend the whole paycheck there sometimes; a weird and wonderful selection, but shop comparatively, they ain't saints. Never shop RadioHack again. We should create a list of vendors recommended/rejected or also put an alert section when some vendor has a chip we would all want. Check 'em out. Crystaltech56

joecool85

This is where I shop:

partsexpress.com - best in parts quality
jameco.com - best in prices
smallbearelec.com - best in customer service
mouser.com - hard to find what you want sometimes, but only because they carry SO MUCH STUFF!  <- seriously.

All of these are "big business" except for smallbearelec.com which is run by Steve, a guy from diystompboxes.com.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

darwindeathcat

I recently shopped at futurelect.com
They have very good prices, and also stock lot's of audio IC's that you can't get at the goldmine or smallbear, especially the lm3886. They also have the BEST deal on bundles of resistors, caps, diodes, etc... The one problem is that, even though you pay in USD, and their accounting office seems to be in the US, they ship from thailand, and it took weeks for my order to get to me. Everything I got was of great quality though...
__ ------------------- __
__ | | | | | | | | | | | __
    --------------------

darwindeathcat

By the way, does anyone know of good place to get deals on speakers? I know bout antique elctronics supply and partsexpress, but is there anywhere better (besides the local pawn shop  ;) )
__ ------------------- __
__ | | | | | | | | | | | __
    --------------------

smadin

For the speakers I've been looking at, Jensen MODs, at least, http://www.tubedepot.com/ has better prices than most other places I've looked.  I haven't actually done any business with them yet, though, so take that with a grain of salt unless someone else knows more about them...

joecool85

Hadn't even thought about it, but if you want a good deal on LM3886 chips/kits, check out chipamp.com

Brian, the founder of chipamp.com, is a member of SSGuitar and frequently gives us deals on kits, he's a real good guy.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com