Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Heilman The 400 Laser Problems

Started by kennymc75, October 14, 2014, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethernaut

Hello, all. I'm a new member and I believe I own this amp now (don't know why I did this to myself). Hoping Kennymc75 replies or someone may be able to help me w/ contacting him (don't see a PM option).

Thanks!
E

Enzo

He only made the six posts in this thread and has not been here for over two years.  To contact people, click on their name and options are on the profile page.

Or start a new thread for your amp, and specify what the issues are.

kennymc75

Hey Ethernaut ,

That is indeed the same amp. John Sawyer loaned it to another aspiring steel player and it died on him. He brought it to me to see if I could get it working again. At the time I had no idea what I was doing hence seeking help on the forum. The problem that I figure is a short in the amp section. I really didn't have any experience with amps at the time but I poked around on it for a while before I gave up. There should have been some new output transistors in the back of the amp. Some other parts blew off the board at one point and I hope that I replaced them with the proper ones. Anyway since then I have had much better luck with amps and have learned quite a lot. If I had known then what I know now I may have got it going again. Anyway I hope I put it back together well enough that you can figure it out. Good luck :)