Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

need help for this CRATE GX 40c

Started by nikkram17, May 22, 2014, 12:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkram17

im having problem with this noise on my amp..its getting louder every time i left my guitar hang over.. it looks like a grounded sound,can anyone help me on this?? and i cant line it out to a PA., it has no sound.,

ill attached some video on this thread

here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_XXIqTeOQ&feature=youtu.be

SpareRibs

Hello,
      First thing the bridge needs to be grounded on your guitar. The amp needs all of the input jacks cleaned.
I have the same amp. It gave me fits until I cleaned all the jacks. The jacks are part of the circuit. When you pull out the plug the jack is supposed to ground.
      You don't have to use the fancy spray cleaners just use non-chlorinated brake cleaner. You can get it at
any auto supply store. Clean the pots at the same time. Good luck.

nikkram17

thanks spareribs,. but i just cleaned it already when i posted this thread,. and what do you mean about the bridge should be grounded on my guitar?

SpareRibs

Hello,
      If the pick guard is removed there should be a hole in the rear of the cavity for a wire to go to the bridge grounding the circuit inside the guitar.

nikkram17

you mean the noise is not from the amp? its on my guitar grounding the noise came from? can u post some pics on bridge grounding on a strat? plss :)

SpareRibs

Hello,
      Search this forum for photos of the inside. Or bridge grounding problems.I am not sure what is wrong with the guitar or amp. I just noticed the guitar stops buzzing a bit when you touch the strings. That sometimes means the bridge isn't grounded.

nikkram17

thanks,.i just finished repairing it,i found one grounding the volume pots to the body and its gone,. :)

nikkram17

@spareribs thanks for your help,.i think shielding is lot less feedback,.silent as the silent night,.hehe,.