Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 05:54:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Just a hello

Started by RichardM, March 07, 2012, 03:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardM

Richard _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

"Sorry for the Inconvenience."   

phatt

Hi Richard,
               Another Aussie joins the forum,,, cool mate welcome aboard. :dbtu:
Phil.

joecool85

Do any of you Australians have pet Kangaroos?  Also, can you guys ship me one of the Ford Falcon Utes and/or the new Ranger?  We are bereft of their presence here in the US.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

RichardM

Quote from: joecool85 on March 09, 2012, 04:06:30 PM
Do any of you Australians have pet Kangaroos?  Also, can you guys ship me one of the Ford Falcon Utes and/or the new Ranger?  We are bereft of their presence here in the US.

Not me, but I have some tame wild ones in my yard.

And you don't want that Ford rubbish, how 'bout a Holden (GM) ute?

:dbtu:

Richard _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

"Sorry for the Inconvenience."   

phatt

We have this race in the land downunder,, called the *Bathurst 1,000*,,, also known as the Mountain.

When it comes to Car racing in Australia there are only 2 kinds of cars,
Ford Falcons and GM Holden Commodores. Both make Utes which AFAI recall was an Australian invention.
Sadly because of the economics of the world we may end up losing both these main stay vehicles.

Even more sad is that they are both RearWheel drive vehicles almost everything else these days is front drive which I hate. :grr

Hey Richard, I once owned an Ford XC Sundowner Panel Van. It would get a few looks these days as not many left now.
Phil.

J M Fahey

Besides living way down South, it looks like we Argentines share a couple extra things with the Aussies.
Not only we had our own Falcons, it was also the most sold car and the longest made one (only displaced by Peugeot 504).
Strong as a Diesel Locomotive, still there are thousands on the road.
Only that hey never upgraded the looks, they were always the boxy type here.
Were made here until the end of 1991

If curious, check
http://puntodeencuentro.foroargentina.net/t268-ford-falcon
And, believe it or not, a couple of the Australian Falcons by FPV were imported to run in "Falcon only" races, although it was not allowed and considered cheating.

phatt

Well don't knock what you have,,, it looks good to me :tu:
Wow a car with a bumper bar, very rare nowdays. :(

And a long run production,,, hum ?? easy to get parts :dbtu:

We now have some many varieties of makes and models in Aust I can't tell what I'm even looking at now days :duh

Phil.

J M Fahey

Yes, *tons* of parts, *any* mechanic can repeir them.
In fact, Fahey amplifiers have been called "the Falcon Amps", because of 40 years continuous production and ease of repair.
Fine with me

phatt

Yoh,, Fahey Amplifiers 40 years and they are proly still going strong ;)

Ford 91 Australia for comparison, note all plastic bumpers, yuk.

For Joe cool,,, old Falcon Ute same era

Oh and the van is just for me to dream about my youth,,
Friday nights at the drive in pictures.

Yes mine was the same colour except is was the V8.
Phil.

joecool85

You guys get all the cool cars.  Well, you guys and the UK.  I'd love to see an AWD or 4WD version of the Falcon make it here.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  Especially now that they've canned the Ranger here in the US.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com