Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Looking for help to identify and repair the circuit of my '77 5" 9v battery amp

Started by mangokev, September 28, 2020, 12:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangokev

Hello,

I am new here, looking for someone that may be able to help me first identify, and then maybe figure out a way to fix the circuit board on a small portable amp I have had since I was a kid.

Attached are a couple of pictures.  It has 1/4" input on the left side, 9v mini power in on the back, and 6 C-cell battery holder inside, and a 1/4" speaker out on the back.

(hope that's how you attach files...)

With 9V in I can measure voltage part way through the board, but the voltage get lost in the middle. 
Speaker does produce some hum/static with power on and touching the input jack.
Guitar signal in does not make it to the speaker, but pushing audio from a iphone into the in jack does make it out of the speaker but very quietly. Adjusting the amp volume in this case distorts the signal but does not increase it's volume.

Any insights appreciated.

Best regards,

joecool85

Quote from: mangokev on September 28, 2020, 12:29:14 AM
Hello,

I am new here, looking for someone that may be able to help me first identify, and then maybe figure out a way to fix the circuit board on a small portable amp I have had since I was a kid.

Attached are a couple of pictures.  It has 1/4" input on the left side, 9v mini power in on the back, and 6 C-cell battery holder inside, and a 1/4" speaker out on the back.

(hope that's how you attach files...)

With 9V in I can measure voltage part way through the board, but the voltage get lost in the middle. 
Speaker does produce some hum/static with power on and touching the input jack.
Guitar signal in does not make it to the speaker, but pushing audio from a iphone into the in jack does make it out of the speaker but very quietly. Adjusting the amp volume in this case distorts the signal but does not increase it's volume.

Any insights appreciated.

Best regards,

To post an image, you need to use these "attachments and other options" link below the window where you post.  Then you can upload an image.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com