Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Potentiometers, what best way to mount?

Started by polo16mi, November 20, 2011, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo16mi

I returned back to work in my last project.

I trying to mount kinda of a JCM900 1x12 combo clone (at least, its format).

Using a gainclone as amp, and a Sansamps as preamp.

Worked fine assembled on the table, but still rest to resolve some "detailed engineering", and mount all together inside cabinet, and that work well for some jam in a bar.

First one, mounted all stuff, and potentiometers cable are soldered straight to SanAmpClone PCB. Tracks are very thin, so soon they lifted up as moved the pcb to test it. Using dead pc power supply cables. Very nice cables, several colors to choose, as you can see in pictures.

What work best? Do a simple pcb to mount potentiometers, and wire that pcb to sansamps pcb? O put some terminal/screw or something like that in sa pcb?

Second one: SansClone works with 9V. For try it used a cheap multiple voltage supply, but now, i need to resolve its feed inside of cabinet.
Ideas are: use another trafo with its rectifiers and 7809 (JM says dont like it, in addition, i think that will need to couple its 4,5v with 0V of LM3886): Or use zeners. I need to feed it with 34V and put out of them 9V, with i guess about 200ma for feed SansAmp. Calculed a 25V of drop with 200ma. Ill need to use a 120 ohms resistor with 5W of power disipation? Am i right?

Here a couple of picture....

Can you suggest some ideas? Beside, feel free to improve my english  :-[

J M Fahey

For the home builder best is PCB mounted to chassis with spacers, and pots, switches and jacks mounted to front panel, with flexible wires joining them.
Direct-mount PCBs are much more difficult to design.

polo16mi

Thanks JM, so im ok.

One more, about zener... can you help me?

J M Fahey

As the Genius in the Lamp said: you have just spent one of your 3 questions. 8)

polo16mi

Quote from: J M Fahey on November 22, 2011, 08:01:12 AM
As the Genius in the Lamp said: you have just spent one of your 3 questions. 8)

so... i do not more questions? or... need a new lamp?.. just joke...

I guess that i need do my homework and found for my old Malvino "Principios de electronica"

thanks for your big help.

J M Fahey

That was the first one, so you had 2 left .... which you wasted asking
Quotei do not more questions?
Quoteneed a new lamp?.

Anyway, for anybody who has his whole Province turned into a giant ashtray, you have 3 more left.

polo16mi

Ha, ha..... if you want, i can send you for free, some samples of ash... so you can do your "Fahey Vulcano Edition" amp with samples of them inside!!!  :lmao: