Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Speakers questions

Started by polo16mi, August 11, 2009, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo16mi

I readed the excelent job at the Loudspeakers and Loudness thread of  Teemuk and  J M Fahey !  :tu:

I have a couple of doubt and question about the stuff.

I here in the south, wich are the best chances that have if i looking for decent speaker for any SS amp? 

I researching where is the garbage site in Villa La Angostura, to look for some junk usefull, as suggested JM , looking for old car or radio speakers for equipe my version of ruby.

I had been in a little electronic store here, and the attendant showme the "A" speaker and the "B" and thats all that they have! I requested about the frecuency response, but....  ??? 

Ok, no good stores at the hand, so, second try, google...

I downloaded the Jahro catalog at http://jahro.com.ar/catalogo2009.pdf and see a couple of that maybe are useable for guitar amp, but how about the curves? If i call for it to them? Not breakballs for them to give that info for a couple of models? The same about www.xonox.com.ar.  If i contact them?

And a last question....

If you have a ready to work power amp, lets say a TDA7294 o LM3886 based amp, for example, whats best for it? Imagine that you´ll do a combo, and the options for speakers are:

A -   2 x 12"
B -   4 x 10"
B -   4 x 8"

Wich are best for?  ???

joecool85

It all depends on what you like for sound.  I personally am fond of smaller speakers myself.  My ideal setup would be a 4x8" and 2x10" stack.

Check musiciansfriend.com for speakers if you want to get them online.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com