Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

1979-1980 G100-112 Yamaha Amp

Started by dwq1031, May 24, 2015, 08:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwq1031

Hello,

I'm new here and need some help. I'm looking at this amp with an opportunity to purchase. Can anyone share some information in this amp? History of the model? Rating? Reliability? Dimensions? Weight? Anything?

Thanking you all in advance.

Enzo

It is a 35 year old amp, the same stuff goes wrong with it that goes wrong with any other solid state amp of that age.  In my experience as a tech, they don't seem to come in blown very often, about the only failing I see other than typical broken jacks or controls, is sometimes the connection between the heat sink assembly and the main chassis sometimes gets loose or maybe needs solder touch up.

Yamaha makes good stuff.  If you like the sound and features, then the amp should work well.

Google yamaha G100-112 and see lots of pictures and discussion.  I don't know the weight, it is typical size for a 1x12, look at the photos with in mind that the speaker is 12".

Tone?  That is totally up to you.

dwq1031

PhredE

dwq1031, I sent you a PM.  Please check for it.  If, for some reason, it didn't get through to you, please say so here and I'll happily re-send it.

Good luck.  If you get a good one, you will probably be happy with it.

Roly

Quote from: EnzoYamaha makes good stuff.

:dbtu:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

J M Fahey

gbono

Spring reverb pan can fail after years of vibration.......

TonyCat61

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site today and I have a Yamaha G100-112 MKII that I bought new in 1982.
It has recently been on ebay with a starting price of £175, but as yet it hasn't sold.
If anyone is interested, then please contact me for further information. I'm in Devon UK.
Cheers, Tony.