Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Portable Keg Amp

Started by Jack.Straw, August 12, 2008, 11:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack.Straw

So i saw this Heiniken keg amp that someone built using a kit from Canakit.com.  That is SO up my alley and decided to build something similar.  My thing is building guitars (and other instruments) out of recycled materials, and a little keg amp would be the perfect companion.  I've built simple FET based preamps for some of my piezo powered instruments, but have never attempted a solid state amp.

I've been looking around the net for a good schematic, but the trouble is that i wouldn't recognize a "good schematic" because i have no experience.  It doesn't need to be complex... a simple volume control & on-off switch is enough.  I would like to power it from a 12v rechargeable battery supply so that it's portable.  I also want to be able to do the project on perf-board (i don't want to make a circuit board).

Can anyone recommend a good schematic for this project?  Also, i really like recycling old commercial products and using the parts in my projects.  If you have a recommendation for a common product that i can use (i'm thinking old stereo receiver amps or something?) for this project please let me know.

Thanks for your time!
-Jack

**edit by admin**
Fixed link

Jack1962

Try , a battery powered set of computer speakers.

Rock On

syndromet

Depends on what sound you are looking for.
Try the little gem or the ruby st www.runoffgroove.com
Both sounds great.