Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:28:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Preamp circuit wanted

Started by polo16mi, February 01, 2010, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo16mi

Hi everybody there:

Since last year that i donĀ“t write any post, so happy new year. I back again, and have some to tell you.

Following my "roadmap", i already maded a Ruby with a tone control big muffed style with pretty success. (Coihue Micro).  I had learned that for my, about 50% of the sound is the speaker.  After, i used the ruby like a "test amp stage" for severals pre. I tryed ROG thor, thunderchief, and tonemender, with some succes just with the tonecontrol. The others, well,  :grr  Reading the forum, that circuits, no work at all, so, i put them a side.

Then, i made a TDA2005 datasheet BRIDGE power stage using a power supply maded with a rectifier bridge and a dicroic feed tranny. (about 50VA)  It work pretty nice, using just a buffer stage with a MPF102 direct from the guitar, and i sound very nice, clean.  Regrettably, in that time just have a cheap 6" speaker, so it sound like sh... when i hit hard the strings.

Since about two weeks, i purchased a 12" - 8 ohms speakers at J M FAHEY and with it, is a peace of cake <3).

I used like preamp, then, a Marshall BluesBraker clon, mounted over a perfboard, and it works no so good, (when it worked).

I planing to etch a board of that Marshall BluesBraker, then see what append.  I looking for a versatile circuit of a preamp, that gimme a "marshall-like" sound, (going from nice clean, to medium distortion, Hells Bells?, you know?) with a good tone control, and foot swicheable distortion, and a effect loop.

I founded the circuit of a Trace Elliot SuperTramp, and looks pretty nice, but, no idea that what FET them uses...

Any suggestion about a circuit?

Founded a good pre, next step is make a TDA7294 power stage.