Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Testing Reverb Tanks

Started by gbono, December 02, 2008, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbono

I have three reverb tanks from Accutronics that were in 1) Acoustic 150 and 2) Acoustic 470 amplifiers. The input and output on the "type 4" units are 160-175 ohms for both the 150 tanks and the 470 appears to have a very high impedance on on of the ports. I noticed that the Accutronics site has the type 4 tanks specified with different input and output impedances.

Are these good units? Is there a way to bench test these tanks with an signal generator/scope?

THX

gbono

BUMP..........

Okay the Accutronics site has a table which gives the specifications on the different type # and the bobbin/coil color. They refer to a "coil color but I believe that they mean the actual plastic bobbin when they refer to color codes. Seems to make sense for the tanks I have because all the coils have yellow tap but the bobbins are black, red, etc. Already found one coil is intermittent :-\

phatt

Quote from: gbono on December 02, 2008, 03:09:44 PM

Are these good units? Is there a way to bench test these tanks with an signal generator/scope?

THX

That won't tell much what they will sound like tone wise,, if that is what you wish to know?  My option is to build a driver and pu and play with the 3 tanks to see which one works for you.

Likely the tanks will all sound ok,,, be aware it's more to do with the way they are driven that makes them sound good or bad not the fault of the tank at all.

Check the schemo I just posted if your looking for clues on how to go about it.
under "Mosfet Spring Reverb Driver by josh 777.

Have fun with it. Phil, Nambour Australia.