Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 12:44:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

New guy looking for a new amp. please help!

Started by EntwineRyche, August 27, 2009, 01:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EntwineRyche

I just bought a ESP MW-600. Love it, now all I need is a solid amp to you use with it. I played a little when I was younger, but lacked the focus. Now that I'm older, I'm looking for something I can seriously put time into.

I guess my question, would be what kind of amp should I go for? I'm looking for something that will last and sounds good obviously. I have an old Ultra Chorus from my childhood, that I could try to get working insead. Not sure whats wrong with it at this point. I guess more specifically, I am looking for something that can pull off the sound closed to what is used in the song Anybody Listening? by Queensryche. Check the chorus as well. I want something I can basically get that nice raise your hair sound and then possibly to be able to switch to a nice clean sound as well.

Thanks for your help guys, and again sorry if I sound like a newbie, but I'm trying here.

joecool85

Quote from: EntwineRyche on August 27, 2009, 01:45:10 PM
I just bought a ESP MW-600. Love it, now all I need is a solid amp to you use with it. I played a little when I was younger, but lacked the focus. Now that I'm older, I'm looking for something I can seriously put time into.

I guess my question, would be what kind of amp should I go for? I'm looking for something that will last and sounds good obviously. I have an old Ultra Chorus from my childhood, that I could try to get working insead. Not sure whats wrong with it at this point. I guess more specifically, I am looking for something that can pull off the sound closed to what is used in the song Anybody Listening? by Queensryche. Check the chorus as well. I want something I can basically get that nice raise your hair sound and then possibly to be able to switch to a nice clean sound as well.

Thanks for your help guys, and again sorry if I sound like a newbie, but I'm trying here.

I would suggest a mid size Marshall amp, maybe one of the MG4 series.  But it really does depend on what type of volume levels you need too.

As for your old amp, of course you should try to get it working :-)
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com